The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade continued to facilitate bilateral relations with several countries, which resulted in Jamaica securing increased social, economic and technical assistance.
- The Governments of Jamaica and China signed a grant agreement for US$36.16 million (250 million RMB Yuan) to construct the Western Children’s Hospital in St. James and to assist with other growth and development projects.
- US$4.5 million Child Protection Compact Partnership between Jamaica and the United States.
- Cooperation established between Canada and Jamaica in the areas of climate resilience and risk, water and forestry management, development, urban planning, and agriculture.
- Cooperation with Mexico intensified in the areas of energy security, coastal patrolling and the banking sector.
- Continued engagement with Singapore towards establishing Special Economic Zones.
- Formalization of the visa waiver to Russia on the basis of reciprocity, thereby providing visa-free entry for Jamaican nationals.
- Visa waiver granted to Jamaicans to travel to Namibia for business and tourism purposes.
- Business relations between Jamaica and Spain expanded to include agriculture, energy and logistics.